Diving in the Keys

Diving in the Keys

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bad Run - Skipped Bike - Fun Christmas

Yesterday I had probably the worst run in months. I had to skip my run day when I went ice fishing on Tuesday (that trip was by far the hardest exercise of the week) so I tried to run yesterday on my off day. I was going to run 8 miles with my friend, Mark, around Aurora Reservoir and I started out a bit high on BG so I ate more carbs and covered with 2 units of insulin. That apparently was one too many. I started the run at the highest point on the graph below and ending on the second highest point on the graph after rapid corrections. I had no idea why I felt so bad but figured it out when I got the quadruple buzz from the Dexcom. I cut the run short and turned around at 2.5 miles for a total of 5 miles (walk/run). This could have been a new record low because the Dexcom wouldn't tell me the actual number once it dropped below 40.


Today, Christmas was probably one of the best in many years. We brought our son, Michael, in by video Skype to join us in the festivities, the family reading of Luke 2 and he was able to play Wise or Otherwise with the family. Midday, I watched two good movies, A River Runs Through It (emotional for me) and What About Bob? while all animals and people slept on the couch (including Mark). Pam and I were the only ones awake. Puppy Koie also livened the day especially when she pulled a fast one and stole Jenny's (other border collie) toy while she was unwrapping it and she was left with just the paper (video below). BTW, I was supposed to ride 3.5 hours on the indoor trainer today and that simply did not and will not happen.



It has been a hard year but I made it through with the love of my wife and friends and my faith. Anyone who thinks they are owed a perfect life is wrong. We all fall short of God's standard and must rely on his forgiveness that He offers all of us through His Son Christ and the price he paid for our sins by being our blood sacrifice on the cross. If we turn from our old life and path and accept His gift of new life, we can have an assurance of our future. That is why we celebrate Christmas.

I am very thankful for my lifelong friends and for the new friends that God has given me this year.

Merry Christmas

Brian Phelps

No comments: