Diving in the Keys

Diving in the Keys

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Anniversary, Run, Swim, Tree Down and Waiting for Deep Freeze

I finally felt good enough to exercise again today. I did something last week that absolutely messed me up. I wasn't sick but I needed to sleep all the time and I had zero energy to do anything. That is over now and I am back to feeling somewhat normal. I will credit it to the dinner my wife and I had at Cheddar's last night to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. I got in about 1 hour of running today and swam a little also. I will try to get in a couple of hours of cycling on a trainer tomorrow.

I am looking forward to an exhausting week coming up. Friday we are hoping to have a few friends over early and then go fishing Saturday followed by a Nuggets game Saturday night and then church Sunday followed by a Broncos game on Sunday afternoon (not a big sports fan but it should be fun with a couple of Triabuddies and other Betes buddies). Monday going to ice fish before picking up my friend, Scott, from California who is here to - yep - ice fish. Tuesday morning we should get a good swim workout in early and then head into the mountains to fish for two days. Did I mention that the high this Friday in Denver is supposed to be 10 with a low well below zero? That will really set up the ice for us in the mountains and maybe even here near home. I will do my best to get in my running and cycling in there somewhere. Believe it or not, my ice fishing trips and hauling the sleds at 10,000 feet are usually more exhausting than my workouts. Its probably because I go anaerobic a lot which isn't the best for endurance training (so I'm told).

I must be going a little crazy because I actually paid money this week to buy a 1/2 marathon transfer so that I can run (yes run) in Carlsbad, CA later in January along with my friend Mark. Thanks Jen and Felicia for the slots although I wish you could have used them yourselves without the injuries. I am also running in the Kid's Mile the day before with my Triabuddy, Zyler. Speaking of Zyler, I am very excited for some recognition that he is getting and I will let you know what that is as soon as I know that it is public information.

I am also hoping to meet a new diabetic friend that is visiting his folks here in Colorado for a few days up from New Mexico. He rides way more miles on his bike than I ever will. We connected through Triabetes and we got to communicate a bit about possibly fishing while he is here.

Thanks and I also got the Christmas tree down and out this evening

Brian Phelps

No comments: